Study English in Ireland
GENERAL ENGLISH GROUP COURSE INTENSIVE
Language Course Description
The General English Group Course Intensive is a year round intensive English language course aimed at students and professionals whose language levels are between A1 and C1.
This language course develops all aspects of the English language including Speaking, Pronunciation, Listening, Reading and Writing. The focus is on improving the students’ ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
The General English Group Course is our most popular language course for adults. The course may be combined with private lessons in the afternoons (on two or five afternoons per week), with Cambridge English: First (FCE) Exam Preparation, with Job Application Training or our Slaney Book-club.
We use the text-book ‘New English File’ and students participate in a variety of different activities.
Elements of exam Preparation ( TIE for lower-level classes and IELTS for higher-level classes) are also implemented in this English Language Course.
Included in the booking confirmation email is a link to our online level test and login details to our school management programme. Pre-testing before arrival ensures students can begin classes on their first morning. Students are placed in groups according to their level.
The minimum entry age is 16.
New students can join the course on any Monday (except on weeks where Monday is a national holiday).
This is the right English Language Course for you if you
- wish to make rapid progress in your general fluency in English
- want to enjoy your learning experience in a supportive and welcoming environment
- are looking for a quality product at an affordable price
- are interested in Ireland, its culture and its people
- enjoy meeting people from different parts of the world
- 20 English Language Lessons (=15 full hours) per week
- Online Level Test
- Balanced Syllabus with a Focus on both, Grammar and Communication Skills
- Weekly Progress Test
- Introductory Tour of Wexford Town
- Certificate of Attendance
Timetable (Mondays to Fridays)
9.30 to 12.45 (including a coffee break from 11.00 to 11.15)
Minimum 1 week, no maximum no of weeks
Average low season: 5
Average high season: 10
Maximum no of students at all times: 15
All year round
This course may be combined with:
- One-to-one tuition in the afternoons (Plus 4 / Plus 10)
- Job Application Skills Training
- Slaney Book-Club
- Cambridge English: First (FCE) Exam Preparation Evening Classes
- Activity Programme at Easter, in July and August (other dates on request)
Prices in €:
1-7 weeks: 222 (Off-Season) 237 (July)
8-17 weeks: 192 (Off-Season) 207 (July)
18-24 weeks: 184 (Off Season) 199 (July)
Course Booking Fee: 75
Course Book Second Hand: 20
Course Book New: 40
We buy back books in good condition for 15.