Brand-New Design in 2020 – full immersion programme – innovative extracurricular activities
Make friends with like-minded people from all over the world, improve your English and experience Irish culture!
Course dates: Sunday 6 (Arrival day) to Saturday 26 September (Departure day)
The Young at Heart Full Immersion Programme is designed for those of you who are young at heart and eager to take on new challenges and experiences.
The majority of participants are aged 50+. Younger adult learners may also attend this course.
The course combines the General English Group Course with an exciting extracurricular programme.
The focus is on the improvement of the participant’s general day to day use of English language while also touching on areas of Irish life, history, culture and food.
Participants will make friends with like-minded people from all over the world.
2020 Extracurricular activities:
- Guided Tour of Wexford Town
- Curracloe Beach, arguably the most beautiful beach in Ireland
- Tour of the National Opera House
- Hurling (traditional Irish sport) Presentation
- Johnstown Castle and its gardens
- Dunbrody Abbey / Maze
- Mount Leinster in the Blackstairs Mountains
- Talk by an Irish wildlife warden
- Irish Dancing Workshop
- Half-day trip to the Hook Lighthouse
- Dunbrody Famine Ship and Visitor Centre
- The Irish National Heritage Park
- Boat trip around the Saltee Islands
- Carrigfoyle Quarry / Three Rock Trails
- BBQ (weather permitted)
- 1798 Rebellion Centre / Enniscorthy Cathedral and Castle
- Greyhound Races
- Bingo night together with locals
- A play or concert in a Wexford theatre
- DAYTRIP TO KILKENNY
- DAYTRIP TO DUBLIN
- DAYTRIP TO GLENDALOUGH
- DAYTRIP TO NEWGRANGE
Our General English Group Course is recognised by ACELS, a service of Quality and Qualifications Ireland for English Language Education (ELE). Our English language teachers hold a university degree and am ACELS recognised TEFL certificate. They have many years of experience in teaching English to people whose first language is not English.
Our teachers are motivated and enthusiastic. They enjoy meeting new people and helping them to improve their English language skills. Teachers and administrative staff will make you feel part of the Slaney Language family.
We use the communicative approach in all our classes. We want you to use the English language actively and to enjoy doing so.
English tuition (9.30 to 13.00 Mon to Fri including a 30 min coffee break)
Certificate of Attendance
Activities as stated above
Full Board Host Family Accommodation (single room)
|Price in € for 3 week stays|
Full package (Course, Accommodation, all activities)
Half package (Course, Accommodation and 4 day-trips)
|Option 1 without accommodation||1605|
|Option 2 without accommodation||1365|
|One week and two-week bookings||on request|