Reasons to study at The Slaney Language Centre
- We are recognised by ACELS, a service of Quality and Qualifications Ireland, for English Language Education (ELE). We undergo strict inspections and you can be assured that you are dealing with a professional organisation and are taking part in high standard courses.
- We have over 20 years of experience in English Language Training.
- You avail of Full Learner Protection.
- We are members of the leading language school association MEI.
- The commitment and friendliness of our staff encourage our students to enjoy practising and developing their language skills and to gain confidence in oral fluency.
- The Slaney Language Centre main building comprises seven bright and spacious classrooms, a comfortable common room for our language students to relax and a self-study area.
- Our centre is wheelchair accessible.
- Our Summer Teenager Centre is located only 5 min walk from our main centre.
- There are convenient bus and train connections from Dublin Airport to Wexford town.
At The Slaney Language Centre, you will
- Experience a friendly and encouraging learning environment.
- Receive personal attention and support from teachers and office staff.
- Be taught by qualified, experienced and dedicated teachers.
- Socialise with young and old as is the tradition in Ireland
- Enjoy communicating in English with people from all over the world.
ESTABLISHED IN 1999
We have 20 years of experience in English language teaching.
Our full-time Adult and Junior General English and Exam Preparation Courses are recognised by ACELS, a service of Quality and Qualifications Ireland for English Language Education (ELE).
The Slaney Language Centre is a member school of the language school association MEI.
ACCOMMODATION WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
CAFES, RESTAURANTS, SHOPS, LIBRARY, OPERA HOUSE AND CINEMA JUST AROUND THE CORNER
We are relocating to the very heart of Wexford town. Accommodation is within walking distance. Shops, restaurants, cafes, opera house and library are just around the corner from us.
Our address is:
Channing House, Upper-Rowe-Street, Y35TH2A, Wexford Town
At The Slaney Language Centre we pride ourselves on our low student-tutor ratio.
The average number of students in our adult classes is 6, the maximum 15.
The average number of students in our Keen Teens and Cool Kids classes is 8, the maximum 15.
Due to our small class sizes each student can participate actively in class and progress quickly.
RELAXED, FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING ENVIRONMENT
Slaney Language Centre students quickly gain confidence using the English language in a relaxed, friendly and encouraging environment. Language students receive a warm welcome at the Slaney Language Centre and quickly gain confidence expressing themselves regardless of their level. Many students return to our language school year after year.
Our fully qualified and experienced native speaking English language teachers are motivated, enthusiastic and interested in each student’s progress. They meet regularly to monitor and discuss students’ progree and take part in teacher training courses in order to keep up to date with the latest developments in English language teaching.
FULL LEARNER PROTECTION
The Slaney Language Centre is a member school of the language school association MEI (Marketing English in Ireland). MEI member schools espouse Learner Protection, thereby being able to guarantee to students that they will be able to complete all language courses for which they are enrolled.
In the event of an MEI member school going unexpectedly out of business, the other schools will accept students free of charge whose course of tuition in the closed school has not yet expired.
LANGUAGE STUDENTS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD
At The Slaney Language Centre you will enjoy meeting people from all over the world. Hungary, Israel,
In recent years we have had students from Argentina, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guinea, Holland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Palestine, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, Venezuela, Serbia and Kazakhstan.
Slaney Language Centre students can take part in a variety of exciting activities, excursions and weekend daytrips.
We believe that language learning is not bound to the classroom and that students should practice and develop their language skills as much as possible in their free time.
We encourage our language students to take part in our activities and to join local clubs.
We use the communicative approach in all our classes.
A good mix pf ages and nationalities is important to us.
The entry age for the General English Group Course Intensive is 16. The oldest language student so far was 83 years
Our 2018 course programme includes English courses for Families, an English and Golf course, a ‘Young at Heart’ Course tailored towards people over 50, Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET) and Cambridge English: First (FCE) Exam Preparation Evening Classes.