Learn English in Ireland and enjoy a traditional warm-hearted Irish welcome.
Reasons to study English at The Slaney Language Centre:
- Our Full Time Adult and Junior General English and Exam Preparation Language Courses are recognized by ACELS, a service of Quality and Qualifications Ireland, for English Language Education (ELE). We undergo strict inspections and you can be assured that you are dealing with a professional ESOL organisation and are taking part in high standard language courses.
- The Slaney Language Centre was established in 1999. We have over 20 years of experience in English Language Training.
- You will avail of Full Learner Protection.
- We are members of the leading Irish Language School Association MEI.
- The commitment and friendliness of our team will encourage you to enjoy practicing and developing your English language skills.
- Our fully qualified and experienced native speaking English language teachers are motivated, enthusiastic and interested in each student’s progress. They meet regularly to monitor and discuss students’ progress and take part in teacher training courses in order to keep up to date with the latest developments in English language teaching.
- You will receive a warm welcome and quickly gain confidence in a relaxed, friendly and encouraging environment.
- The Slaney Language Centre’s main building comprises seven bright and spacious classrooms, a comfortable common room for our language students to relax and a self-study area.
- Our centre is located in the heart of Wexford town. The majority of our host families are located within walking distance. Cafes, restaurants, shops, cinema, opera house and library are just around the corner from us.
- Our centre is wheelchair accessible.
- Our Summer Teenager Centre is located only 5 min walk from our main Centre.
- With an average of 6 students and a maximum of 15, classes are small and each student can participate actively in class and progress quickly.
- You can take part in a variety of exciting activities, excursions and weekend daytrips. We believe that language learning is not bound to the classroom and that students should practice and develop their language skills as much as possible in their free time. We encourage our language students to take part in our activities and to join local clubs.
- There are convenient bus and train connections from Dublin Airport to Wexford town.
- Many students come back to us year after year.
At The Slaney Language Centre, you will
- Experience a friendly and encouraging learning environment.
- Receive personal attention and support from teachers and office staff.
- Be taught by qualified, experienced and dedicated teachers.
- Socialize with young and old as is the tradition in Ireland.
- Enjoy communicating in English with people from all over the world.
In recent years we have had students from Argentina, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guinea, Holland, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Palestine, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, Venezuela, Serbia and Kazakhstan.
Our address is:
Channing House, Upper-Rowe-Street, Y35TH2A, Wexford Town