ERASMUS PLUS: THEORY AND PRACTICE OF CLIL FOR TEACHERS
Language Course Description
This English Language Training Programme is aimed at teachers from a range of non-linguistic mainstream subject backgrounds who want to up-skill themselves to engage their students via the target language of English.
You will improve your own command of English for the classroom and identify the principles of effective practice in CLIL.
This Language Teacher Training Course focuses on the development of lesson facilities where the dual targets of content and language are being simultaneously pursued.
You will be required to do some pre-course reading and tasks in preparation for the course. You will also be required to do a pre-course reflection on their experience of teaching so far.
This English language course includes extracurricular activities to engage you in a more informal environment outside the classroom and further enhance your knowledge of Ireland.
This is the right English Language Course for you if you
- are a recipient of an Erasmus Plus Grant
- are a non-native speaking mainstream teacher who teaches via the target language of English
- wish to up-skill yourself in your own fluency and in engaging your students via English.
- want to enjoy your learning experience in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- are interested in Ireland, its culture and its people.
- enjoy meeting people from other parts of the world.
Included in this Language Teacher Training Programme
- 20 General English Group Course Lessons (= 15 full hours) per week
- 4 Lessons (=3 full hours) Exploring methodology and materials in practical ways appropriate to CLIL per week
- 2 Afternoon Activities per week
- 1 Saturday Day Trip (two week bookings)
- Online Level Test
- Certificate of attendance
9.30 to 12.45 Mondays to Fridays (Coffee break from 11.00 to 11.50) General English Group Course
Tuesdays and Thursdays 14.00 to 15.30 CLIL Methodology and Practical Advice for the Classroom
Mondays and Wednesdays 14.00 to approx. 16.00 Extracurricular Activity
Saturday Day-trip (for 2 week bookings)
1 or 2 weeks
Class Sizes General English Group Course
Average Off Season: 6
Average High Season: 12
Maximum number of students at all times: 15
Class Sizes CLIL
Minimum Entry Level: B2
Maximum Entry Level: C2
10 May to 17 December 2021
Fees in €
2 weeks: 778
1 week: on request
Course Booking Fee: 75
GE Course Book Second Hand: 20
GE Course Book New: 40
We buy books back for 15 if in good condition