This course is aimed at teachers from a range of non-linguistic mainstream subject backgrounds who want to skill themselves to engage their students via the target language of English.
Participants will improve their own command of English for the classroom and identify the principles of effective practice in CLIL.
The course focuses on the development of lesson facilities where the dual targets of content and language are being simultaneously pursued.
Participants will be required to do some pre-course reading and tasks in preparation for the course. Participants will also be required to do a pre-course reflection on their experience of teaching so far.
The course includes extracurricular activities to engage the participants in a more informal environment outside the classroom and further enhance their knowledge of Ireland.
This is the right course for you if you
- are a recipient of an Erasmus Plus Grant
- are a non-native speaking mainstream teacher who teaches via the target language of English
- wish to up-skill yourself in your own fluency and in engaging your students via English.
- want to enjoy your learning experience in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- are interested in Ireland, its culture and its people.
- enjoy meeting people from other parts of the world.
Included in the Course
- 20 General English Group Course Lessons (= 15 full hours) per week
- 4 Lessons (=3 full hours) Exploring methodology and materials in practical ways appropriate to CLIL per week
- 2 Afternoon Activities per week
- 1 Saturday Day Trip (two week bookings)
- Online Level Test
- Certificate of attendance
9.30 to 12.45 Mondays to Fridays (Coffee break from 11.00 to 11.50) General English Group Course
Tuesdays and Thursdays 14.00 to 15.30 CLIL Methodology and Practical Advice for the Classroom
Mondays and Wednesdays 14.00 to approx. 16.00 Extracurricular Activity
Saturday Day-trip (for 2 week bookings)
1 or 2 weeks
Class Sizes General English Group Course
Average Off Season: 6
Average High Season: 12
Maximum number of students at all times: 15
Class Sizes CLIL
Minimum Entry Level: B2
Maximum Entry Level: C2
1 March to 17 December 2021
Fees in €
2 weeks: 778
1 week: on request
Course Booking Fee: 75
GE Course Book Second Hand: 20
GE Course Book New: 40
We buy books back for 15 if in good condition