Our Teacher Refresher Course is aimed at non-native teachers (primary and secondary) who wish to learn how to teach English as a Foreign language and any teachers wishing to refresh their existing skills.
Learning programmes are tailor-made according to your individual needs and are held over two weeks.
Participants will be required to do some pre-course reading and tasks in preparation for the course. Participants will also be required to do a pre-course reflection on their experience of teaching so far.
The course includes extracurricular activities to engage the participants in a more informal environment outside the classroom and further enhance their knowledge of Ireland
This is the right course for you if you
- are a recipient of an Erasmus Plus Grant.
- are anon-native teacher (primary or secondary) who wish to learn how to teach English as a Foreign Language and wish to refresh their existing English language skills.
- want to enjoy your learning experience in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- are interested in Ireland, its culture and its people.
- enjoy meeting people from other parts of the world.
9.30 to 12.45 Mondays to Fridays (Coffee break from 11.00 to 11.15) General English Group Course
Tuesdays and Thursdays 14.00 to 15.30 Exploring methodology and practical advice for the classroom
Mondays and Wednesdays 14.00 to approx. 16.00 Extracurricular Activity
Saturday Day-trip (for 2 week bookings)
1 or 2 weeks
Class Sizes General English Group Course
Average Off Season: 6
Average High Season: 12
Maximum number of students at all times: 15
Class Size Teacher Refresher Lessons
Minimum Entry Level: B1
Maximum Entry Level: C1
1 March to 17 December 2021
Fees in €
2 weeks: 778
1 week: on request
Course Booking Fee: 75
GE Course Book Second Hand: 20
GE Course Book New: 40
We buy books back for 15 if in good condition